She has been an idol of mine since childhood..you could say I was and still am obsessed...I had a children's picture book about her, that I think used to be my moms that I used to read over and over again. And as I have gotten older I have accumulated many coffee table books and biography books about her..I LOVE her..I soooo wish that she was still alive and it would have been such an amazing dream to meet her...when my godmother took me on my high school graduation trip to England..all I wanted to do was see anything and everything with royalty..especially Kensington Palace and the church she got married in..She is a facinating woman to me...
well me and mom LOVE her...(mom skipped class at college to watch the royal wedding) and we went to the Princess Diana exhibit downtown..it was AWESOME!!!
as soon as you walked in..the first thing you saw was her sparkling tiara...and I got really excited..
the whole exhibit was dedicated to her life by her family (not the royal family) it was filled with her childhood toys, report cards, letters to her daddy, home videos her dad took, souveniors from her wedding, HER WEDDING DRESS!!!
her wedding dress was AMAZING...prettier than I imagined, because when you look at pictures it looks really wrinkled and paper-like, at least I thought it did..but it was made of silk and her LONG train had thousands of little mini diamonds in it...I couldn't help but stare at it..
another favorite part of the exhibit was her EVENING GOWNS...so pretty..this red one was my FAVORITE!! (princess diana was SUPER skinny..at least her dresses looked tiny on the manikins)
they also had a room dedicated to her death..they were playing the song elton john wrote and her brother's eulogy speech all marked up that he gave during her funeral..It gave me goosebumps and I couldn't help but get teary eyed...
I'm so glad we were able to go..it was so fun..RIP Diana..we all still miss you very much..
aside from that..it has been a nice, busy, crazy weekend..poor tobes has an ear infection..he woke me up at 3am on sat morning SHIVERING..i felt so bad..so me and mom took him to his puppy doctor and got him some ear medicine..but he still just dosen't feel good..so i have been babying him all weekend..
poor lil thing..hope he gets better..
Overall, happy weekend! (it seems like I only update on weekends..thats how lame my weekdays are-haha)
Hope this week goes by fast..excited to easter next weekend!!
13 days till me and ry move into our APARTMENT!! super excited but also super stressed..
xoxo






I saw the 'title' of this post and I didn't even read any of it yet and I KNEW it was going to be about Princess Diana!!! I know you way too well!!!
ReplyDeleteI am really jealous of that thing you went to with your mom. That looks like it was amazing!! How fun!!!!! I want to go. How long is it in Atl??
Brit-it is here till June 13th!!
ReplyDelete